1. Install expansion chassis in rack.
2. Load drive into unit.
3. Connect SAS cable from middle port of the expansion to the SAS connection of the RAID controller.
Please note, you can connect this cable while the Platform Online is still running.
**Picture above is a SAS 6G connection. Units may vary as newer RAID controllers will have a 12G connection.
4. Connect Power and Power on when connections are verified.
5. Open Disk Management. If the New StorageGroup is already appearing, skip to step 7.
6. Normally the new expansion chassis will automatically be assigned a LUN number and your storage group will automatically show up in the Platform Interface. However, if there is a conflict, a unique LUN number must be assigned. Please follow the following steps:
a.) Go to the start menu and click on the icon labeled "ARCHTTPSvrGui" or "ARCSAP", this will launch a small program that will appear to do nothing, however this step is important.
b. ). Return to the desktop and go to the system tray (the set of small icons near the time/date display in the bottom right hand corner). Find the small icon that looks like a grey computer with some cables coming out the top. Hovering over this icon will bring up a tooltip stating "Double- Click to Launch Manager". Double click this icon.
c.). This will open your web browser to a blue and yellow page labeled "ArcHTTP Configurations". On the left side column of this page will be an option labeled "SAS RAID Controller" with a small + next to it, click the + and expand the list.
d.) . There will now be an option labeled "ARC-1882 Web Management", Click this.
e.) . You will be asked for a login and password. Enter the following – Login: admin / PW: 0000 (four zeros)
f.) Navigate to Volume Set Functions-->Modify Volume Set. Select the new StorageGroup and Submit.
g.) Change the last number in the Lun to anywhere between 1 and 7 until. If there is a number already in place, chose a number other than that number.
7. Go to the settings screen and then click 'Reset Cache'.
8. When in the Platform UI, go to the StorageGroup screen and click 'Scan Attached Drives'.
9. When the new Expansion Chassis is connected to the Platform, it will be given a new name, for instance StorageGroup02. Since this new group is now connected to the Platform, the permissions need to be set to work with your Platform System. To accomplish this you will need to run a Reset Storage Group command.
Go to the Storage Groups tab in the Platform Interface. Right-click on the new storage group and select ‘Reset Storage Group’
This command will be scheduled as a task and will reset the permissions on the storage group so that it may be used in your system