Here are the steps to start setting up your new Tape license
Download the following utilities onto your Platform Server desktop
Generate your Machine ID
Download and run the Platform Machine ID Generation Tool. This will generate a large ID number like the following:
Contact ProMAX Support
Contact ProMAX Support via email at Support@promax.com.
ProMAX support hours are 5a-5p US Pacific time, Monday-Friday.
Please be prepared to provide the following information:
- If reaching out via email, please title your email "License Key Request" to ensure priority response.
- Include the name of the purchasing company or organization.
- Include the Serial Number from the metal tag on the rear of the system.
- Include your original purchase date.
- Include the Machine ID from the previous step.
ProMAX will take this information and provide you with a License Key that will look like this:
This key will need to be used in the Platform License Key Validation tool that was downloaded earlier in this tutorial.
** This should activate LTO, however if the key does not work, please respond back to the support email and they will take a look further. If the LTO validates how the module does not appear, you may need to restart the browser or the server.