1. On the main Server/MediaHub to share out a folder, click on 'Add Folder'.
Keep this window open as we will return to this shortly.
2. Open up a File Explorer Window and Navigate to your StorageGroup and locate the Platform Space you wish to sync.
3. Hold 'Shift' and then right-click on the Platform Space you wish to sync and click on 'Copy Path'.
4. Return to the Sync Window and Paste into the Folder Path. Be sure to remove the quotations around the path. Be precise of the name as it is character specific and do not cutr the path shorter or to the root of the path as it will sync all items in the path. If the name is exact, the folder name will be created just like as it it were on the main platform.
5. Add the Folder name. It is easiest to keep it the same as the original so there is no confusion down the line.
6. Go to the Sharing tab and select the servers that you wish to share this out to. If you have multiple Mediahubs, select the mediahubs that they will sync to.
7. Go to the Ignore Patterns tab and enter in the following exactly as seen:
It is important that these exact ignore patterns are added as they should not be syncing to either device. DS_Store files are mac generated files and .pmxignore files hold the permissions information for each platform and will change permissions if they sync.
Save once ready.
8. Wait 1-2 minutes again. If the servers are not syncing, restart the service.
9. The Mediahub UI should prompt. Click 'Add'
10. Alter the Folder Path so it's exactly how it appeared on the original platform. The Drive Letter may differ however the Mediahubs are generally D:\
Note that this example is a different drive letter for this server.
11. Go to Sharing tab and ensure that the source server is checkmarked. If there are multiple mediahubs that will be syncing the same material of this folder, you may checkmark those as well. The changes of a file will sync to the others. When a new server is syncing the material, it will pull the material from the fastest connection.
12. Go to the Ignore Patterns tab and paste the same rules as previous and save when ready.
13. Restart service if needed.
14. Files should be syncing to Mediahub
15. Once files are synced, navigate to the Platform UI.
16. Go to the Settings Screen and 'Reset Cache'.
17. Go back to the Platform Space Screen and once the Space repopulate, use the 'Add Existing Platform Space' function.
18. Select the newly synced space. Mediahubs will have No size cap on by default. Add when ready. A prompt about space larger than the storage will prompt. You may confirm and go past the screen.
19. The Space is should add to the Platform UI and be ready to mount on the workstation. If the mount does not work, you may need to reset the permissions if they have not attained admin permissions. Please see article here.